Becoming a Bard Driver
You will need to provide us with a few documents and complete some required steps to become a Bard Driver.
1) Current drivers license – you must have a current drivers license in order to apply to become a Bard Driver.
2) Copy of 6 hour defensive driving course certificate – You must have passed a New York State approved driving course (6-hour point reduction class) and be in possession of the hard copy certificate from the course. This can be completed by taking a campus sponsored class, a New York State sponsored class off campus, or online by visiting I Drive Safely, New York Safety Program, or New York Safety Council.
3) Read/agree to “Rules of the Road” document – The “Rules of the Road” document familiarizes you with Bard College specific rules of conduct.
Our “Rules of the Road” will be updated periodically. As a Bard Driver, you will automatically be bound to the terms of the most current document.
4) Print/sign “Authorization for Consumer Report” form – This is a form that states that you have read and understood the required documents and that you have passed an approved driving course for insurance purposes. Click to Download
5) Complete a Bard Transportation Driving Assessment – You will need to schedule and complete a 1-1/2 to 2 hour Driving assessment with us. The evaluation will given by one of our professional drivers, and must be completed by all Bard Drivers.
All documents, certifications, and evaluations are required by law and/or Bard College’s insurance companies to drive any Bard College vehicle (including, but not limited to, golf carts, ATVs, passenger cars, passenger vans, trucks, and heavy equipment). Each Driver is responsible for keeping their license, certification, and required documentation current and up to date with this office. Failure to do so will result in automatic suspension of driving privileges.
**Allow at least one week to process your application for insurance purposes. You will not be eligible to drive a Bard vehicle for up to one week after the above steps are completed with and materials are submitted to the Transportation Office.
Security Office – 845-758-7460
Transportation Department – Jeff Smith – 845-758-7625 Andy Champ-Doran: 845-758-7810 Email: email@example.com