Night Rides safely transports Bard students only between Bard’s main campus locations, free of charge.
Hours of Operation:
Night Rides runs 7 days a week, from 9pm to 1am. In case of inclement weather, please contact Security to learn the availability of the service. If the shuttle has stopped running early, Night Rides may be cancelled for that night for the safety of our patrollers.
Night Rides is exactly what is sounds like. Well, not exactly. Have to lug a camera across campus? Twisted your ankle playing Rugby? Call Night Rides! We’ll come and pick you up and take you where you need to go on campus, free of charge..
How to use Night Rides:
1. Call Security at (845) 752 4653, and request a Night Ride. Be prepared to give them your name, number and where you currently are on campus.
2. Wait at the road. SRG Night Rides cannot leave Bard’s streets or parking lots.
3. Greet your driver and hop in. Remember, Night Ride drivers cannot take more than 1 passenger per trip.
4. Ride off into the night, or to DTR. You do you.
How it works:
Any Bard student can use this service. We have one Night Ride Driver that has the keys for the night, and one Dispatcher who answers all calls. Please be patient, as you might not be the only call that night! Night Rides cannot accept calls after 12:45 AM, and the service ends at 1:00 AM.
Who runs Night Rides:
Osman Saaedi is the current director of Night Rides. For questions, comments and concerns, please email [email protected].
Interested in working for Night Rides? Apply on our Employment page!
As a Driver, you will be responsible for safely transporting students to and from their respective destinations (based on the service description). You are responsible for ensuring the safety of yourself and the student(s) as well as the state of the vehicle. There may not be any calls, but you are still required to be attentive and available during your shift.
- In order to qualify for this position, you must be/become a CERTIFIED BARD DRIVER and registered with Bard Transportation. If you are interested in becoming a certified driver contact Bard Transportation or [email protected]. SRG will reimburse for the required defensive driving class when a driver becomes certified.
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for answering and recording all calls that come in for rides each shift. You are also responsible for reporting these calls in the order they come to the driver on duty. There may not be any calls, but you are still required to be attentive and available during your shift.