The library is happy to be open and returning to normal services this semester! Regular semester hours begin Monday, August 30. This fall, the building is open only to current Bard students, faculty and staff. Please plan to show your ID at the front desk when you come in. We appreciate your cooperation! When you come in, you may notice a few changes:
- The Research Help Desk has moved to the center of the first floor, just opposite the rear side of the front desk. A librarian will be on duty at the Research Help Desk Monday-Thursday 9:30-7:30, Fridays 9:30-3:30, and Sundays 12pm-5pm. Stop by the desk anytime you have questions about using the library or doing research. We’re glad to help!
- Current periodicals have moved to the Hoffman Reading Room (aka “the silent room”) on the second floor.
- You’ll see several new faces around the library! This summer, Shirra Rockwood was promoted to Acquisitions Librarian, Kayla Whitehead joined us as Electronic Resources Librarian, and Melanie Mambo joined us as Resource Sharing Librarian. Welcome Shirra, Kayla and Melanie!
- We have also added new electronic resources to our collection:
- New York Times Digital Edition – For access you’ll need to register at the New York Times site. Please use your Bard email address. Instructions for setting up your account are available here: https://blogs.bard.edu/library/the-new-york-times-digital-edition/
- African Newspapers – Historical Newspapers from Africa.
- HistoryMakers – African American video oral history collection.
- Social Explorer – Visualize and interact with data; create maps, charts and reports based on demographic data.
We know it’s been a while since many of you have been in the library. If you have any questions or would like one of us to show you around, stop by the Research Help Desk or reach out to us through our Ask a Librarian page anytime.