Creating Impact with Bard’s Career Coach in November (and not just by voting for Hillary…)

Shannon Houde, Sustainability Career Coach

Though it’s crazy how quickly we seem to be moving through the fall, I am getting excited for November as we start ramping up for some interesting events. Read on to learn more about how you can get involved with Walk of Life in the upcoming weeks and for some new updates on what’s been happening with the Walk of Life Team.

BSR Conference & Net Impact 2016!

We will kick off the month at the 2016 BSR Conference in New York from November 1-3, where I will be attending the event as both as participant and speaker.  Come check out my workshop, Personal Branding for Sustainability Influence , on Wednesday November 2nd to learn how to better articulate who you are and why your work truly matters. I’ll also be doing free 15-minute One2One Sustainability Leadership and Executive Coaching sessions throughout the conference and would love to speak with you.

Next, join me at the 2016 Net Impact Conference in Philadelphia from November 3-5. This year, I will be hosting two interactive sessions titled What You Need to Know About the Sustainability Job Market and Due Diligence: Decoding the Impact Investing Job Market. I’ll also be available at Net Impact for free 1-1 corner coaching sessions and will be on Twitter at @walkoflifecoach throughout both events, so keep in touch and let me know if you are attending!

Wondering what else is going on with Walk of Life?

Recently, I had the pleasure of touring Google’s headquarters in San Francisco with client and success story, Vijay Pamanabhan. Vijay is an inspiring example of someone who worked through a career change with Walk of Life and found themselves in the position of their dreams. Check out my most recent Greenbiz blog, How to land a Google dream job, for highlights on my tour and an interview with Vijay.

I am also happy to announce that we have a new Project Manager on the Walk of Life team – Allie Cashel. Allie graduated from Bard College in 2013 with BA in Written Arts, and soon after graduation started working towards the publication of her first book (and senior project!) Suffering the Silence: Chronic Lyme disease in an Age of Denial (North Atlantic Books).

I hope to see you in New York and Philadelphia! Contact me  to maximize your networking potential and for some bespoke advice on your elevator pitch.