The Center for Civic Engagement is seeking two Bard students/recent graduates to work this summer as a US Foreign Policy Fellow. The position is funded through the Bard College/State Department Institute entitled: Grand Strategy in Context: Institutions, People and the Making of US Foreign Policy. Fellows will support a multi-national group of university-level scholars selected to participate in the 44-day study tour (June 23-August 5) designed to foster a better understanding of how U.S. foreign policy is formulated, implemented and effectively taught. The Institute will include an academic residency at Bard’s Annandale campus, as well as study tours of Hyde Park, West Point, Albany, Boston, Manhattan, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
- Timeframe: June 1 – August 23, 2013
- Payment: $2,500
- Benefits: Food + Lodging (single occupancy on-campus housing + hotel rooms)
- Accompany international scholars throughout all parts of the 44-day study tour.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Academic and Administrative Directors (2 weeks before and after tour, plus on call during tour)
- Available to drive participants locally in CCE vans (valid drivers license + defensive driving certification are mandatory).
- Act as goodwill ambassadors to help acclimate international visitors to academic and cultural life in America – and to Bard specifically.
- Interact effectively with Bard professors and administrators, foreign policy practitioners, and other guest lecturers to further the goals of the Institute.
- Administer pre- and post-tour evaluations and assessments.
- Be available for post-tour activities such as reunions and online group gatherings.
Please submit a cover letter and resume electronically by April 22nd to:
Center for Civic Engagement