Bard’s Center for Faculty and Curricular Development (CFCD) offers programs and support for faculty at all stages in their teaching and professional development. Below you will find information on (1) events for new faculty, (2) our spring semester faculty-staff reading group, and (3) our regular series of “lightning lunches.”
Events for New Faculty
- Welcome and Orientation: Thursday, January 31st, 8:45 – 1:00, Alumni Center
- Lightning Lunch on CAFÉ forms in week 2 (see February 6 lunch below)
- Open Classrooms (available for all faculty in their first year)
Faculty & Staff Reading Group
- Google Chat reading group being organized in conjunction with the MBA program [details TBA]
- Class and Campus Life by Elizabeth Lee – reading group led by Ariana Gonzalez Stokas, Dean of Inclusive Excellence [this group is now full]
All lunches are held in the Faculty Dining Room unless otherwise noted.
Discussion in the Classroom: The Harkness Method and Other Ways to Get Everyone Talking
Tuesday, January 30
Interpreting Your CAFÉ Forms
Tuesday, February 6
The Question of Authority in the Classroom
Monday, February 12
Trouble-Shooting Senior Projects
Tuesday, February 20
Working with (& Grading) ESL Student Writers
Monday, February 26
Brainstorming & Problem-Solving: Open topic lunch to discuss anything on your mind about your teaching, research, or campus life. Or just join us for lunch.
Monday, March 5
* * * * *
Contact Info: For additional information, to set up a one-on-one consultation, or to schedule a visit as part of our program of open classrooms, please contact Deirdre D’Albertis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Philip Pardi (email@example.com).