In order to access the Arendt Collections you are required to fill out the Arendt Request Form.
- Researchers must complete a Duplication Request Form before duplication orders can be processed.
- Archives & Special Collections staff must approve each duplication request. Requests may be denied if, in the judgment of the staff, such copying will harm the original item(s), or is prohibited by donor arrangements or US copyright law.
- The staff of Archives & Special Collections will normally do all copying. Photographic reproduction or other copying services may be provided by other college departments or outside vendors. Archives & Special Collections will consider requests by researchers to copy items with personal cameras.
- In cases where photocopying is not possible, staff may suggest other methods of duplication such as digital reproductions.
- All copies (of whatever type) are provided for the researcher’s personal use. Further duplication of copies is not permitted, nor may those copies be deposited in another institution.
- In making use of copies, researchers assume full responsibility for any infringement of copyright or publication rights belonging to the author, the author’s heirs or assigns. Researchers also accept responsibility for communicating with the holder(s) of copyright concerning permissions to quote or otherwise publish material protected by copyright. An exception to this concerns duplication of Bard College Senior Project manuscripts. When the item to be duplicated is a Senior Project, archives staff will contact the author for permission to make the requested copy.
- In making copies available, Bard College does not thereby grant permission to reproduce those copies or to quote extensively from them for publication. For permission to publish, please write to Bard College Archives & Special Collections, Stevenson Library, 1 Library Rd., Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504. A publication fee may apply.
- Archives & Special Collections processes orders as quickly as possible. Requests from on-site researchers take precedence; research requests received through the mail, by phone or electronically will be handled as time and staffing allow.
- Researchers agree to pay the Bard Archives & Special Collections department all costs incurred in making requested copies according to the established fee schedule.
Duplication Fee Schedule
- Digital output: Digital image, produced from on-site flatbed scanner: $10.00. If a cd is required, add $1.00.
- Off-site scans using digital camera: Contact staff for pricing.